Friday, November 27, 2015

Sampler Shuffle Blocks

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you have a safe and warm holiday weekend.  

It is time for more blocks for the "Sampler Shuffle.  I added a tutorial for "Easy Triangles. "  You can find them on the same page as the blocks. This will help you make half square triangles and corner triangles.

Here is an example of the corner triangles.  The method is the same as making Flying Geese just the angle of one of the squares is different.



The next series of blocks are pretty basic.  Make your half square triangles and easy corners then sew the square together. Block number 4 does not use any triangle squares.






What do you do with the fabric you cut off when making your flying geese and easy corners?  I have been keeping them, sewing them together as my beginning and enders.  What that means is I start my chain piecing with two of the left over triangle scraps and then end my chain with the same thing.  This way I so not have to cut my treat from the machine and I will end up with a lot of small half square triangles.  So far the measure 1 ¼ inches.  I don’t know what I am going to do with them but I did see a really cool quilt on display in Houston at “Quilt Festival” made only with half square triangles.







I am not sure I have it in me to make this but it was amazing to see on display.

Happy Quilting
Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright Notice

Please respect my copyright when sharing my photos, and publishing my text, patterns and tutorials. Please ask permission when in doubt and provide a blog link.

Feel free to use any of my patterns or tutorials to make items for yourself or for gift giving. Do not make items to sell. If you would like to offer my patterns or tutorials for a class or teaching purposes, please contact me. thank you